PDA

View Full Version : So, what did you do today?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

BlueFirePony
06-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Very nice Misty....and happy Birthday!
My wife's b-day present is a year long project - Kyri and my oldest son have been working on it on their day's off...should be drivable in a couple weeks and then this fall I'll do all the paint and dressup.

marshall_mosty
06-25-2012, 09:54 AM
This is my birthday present from Matt. He just finished it yesterday.

Very nice!!! Is it too far gone for AI, or can you just restrict it down?

Fbody383
06-25-2012, 11:58 AM
This is my birthday present from Matt. He just finished it yesterday.Diggin' it... would look better with AI stickers on it. I hear pink is the new orange in AI, forget all those other "white" cars.

AllZWay
06-25-2012, 01:56 PM
That looks cool Misty. Not sure Matt will want to drive it now though.

ShadowBolt
06-25-2012, 01:58 PM
That looks cool Misty. Not sure Matt will want to drive it now though.

I'll drive it. I have a shirt on today almost the same color as the car. I'm secure enough that colors don't matter. Now BL WILL NOT drive it or wear a hot pink shirt.

JJ

rpoz27
06-27-2012, 12:40 AM
Thanks, guys! Matt's a Mopar guy at heart, so he's happy with the color and supported my choice. Neither of us can wait to drive it this weekend.

Marshall -The Camaro is at the limit for ST2 right now. It would take a lot of ballast to get it to AI trim.

marshall_mosty
06-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Marshall -The Camaro is at the limit for ST2 right now. It would take a lot of ballast to get it to AI trim.You have 300 lbs this year... :)

Fbody383
07-03-2012, 11:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf0l3NO-35U&feature=youtu.be

Liebbe, is that you?

Rob Liebbe
07-03-2012, 02:00 PM

Liebbe, is that you?

It really put a damper on the family vacation.

Alien
07-05-2012, 03:20 PM
After such a strong finish in the Hallett enduro (thanks JP), I decided to prep Knocker for the longer enduros. I already use a Camelbak for water, but I was getting a bit hungry during my stint. Went ahead and reinstalled the 12V cig lighter socket into the racecar, and ordered this...

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2149412

AllZWay
07-06-2012, 09:47 AM

Liebbe, is that you?

Looks fun for a new Ford Raptor.

Storm Trooper
07-06-2012, 09:54 AM
After such a strong finish in the Hallett enduro (thanks JP), I decided to prep Knocker for the longer enduros. I already use a Camelbak for water, but I was getting a bit hungry during my stint. Went ahead and reinstalled the 12V cig lighter socket into the racecar, and ordered this...

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2149412
Lol I want mine medium well.....

rleng1
07-06-2012, 11:15 AM
You have 300 lbs this year... :)

Put Matt in the car.

y5e06
07-08-2012, 06:52 PM
this is what I'm doing today.
just sitting around like a bum.

On Friday though, I had what I thought was to be a real basic trim on the left knee. turned out to be a little more involved considering the recovery:
Menisectomy on the Medial Posterial part of Meniscus.
but then also found Condral Lesion on the trachlia (i.e. missing cartilage on the femur) which required microfracture drilling.
no, i don't care if any of the proper terms are misspelled...
they drilled a bunch of small holes in the femur to get the bone marrow and blood to ooze out and form a clot. this material has stem cells in it that are supposed to regenerate new cartilage. thats all fine and dandy except now I'm on crutches for the rest of the month instead of just 5 days. the worst part is I have to use this CPM (motion) machine for 8hours a day for three weeks.
yes, i have to sit here while it moves back and forth flexing the leg. So, I'm out of circulation for a while.... and i've already watched Continental sports car, nascar, nascar, more nascar, and some ALMS, and Aussie V8 stuff I had saved up on DVR.

yes that tubing is for an ice water circulation machine, aka cool suit for me knee... now I have something I might be able to repurpose for #95...

HoustonNW
07-08-2012, 07:21 PM
this is what I'm doing today.
just sitting around like a bum..

... and i've already watched Continental sports car, nascar, nascar, more nascar, and some ALMS, and Aussie V8 stuff I had saved up on DVR.

yes that tubing is for an ice water circulation machine, aka cool suit for me knee... now I have something I might be able to repurpose for #95...

Mojo sent for a quick recovery. There was plenty of car racing this past week. What about Formula 1? That was 1.5 hours practice, 1 hour for qual, and 1.5 hours for the race.

Nice score on the potential cool suit. ;)

David Love AI27
07-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Started my new job today... Left the home office in Bryan @ 2pm to test 12 convenience stores in West Texas and New Mexico... on our way to the first stop in Midland I saw my 1st wind farm... in Midland we did a Line and Leak Detector Test on a convenience store.... tapped into the fuel distributors (we call them pumps but the actual pumps are in the tanks) and caused a simulated leak to test the leak detector, which in turn shuts down the fuel pumps. Then we plugged the distribution lines at the fuel storage tanks and applied pressure back down the lines with nitrogen. I was supposed to observe for a few weeks as part of my training but I couldn't stand just watching so I started grabbing tools and did lots of the work myself. Made it to Lubock are 2 am for a day of rest, tomorrow night we will test 4 stores before heading to New Mexico where we will test 7 more facilities before heading back on Friday... I was told it usually takes 4-6 weeks before there is any "hands on" experience.. I fully understand the principals and mechanics for what we are doing and expect to complete an entire test on my own by tomorrow night... I am really, really stoked... The officers of the company have already discussed moving me to New Mexico where they have signed up a new client with @ 250 stores and more on the way..

Storm Trooper
07-09-2012, 05:50 AM
What part of new mexico will you be moving to? I was born in raised in santa fe.

Fbody383
07-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Congrats, Love. Would certainly miss you around here.

CPM - constant passive motion. One of the warnings I got was watch you hip angle so the machine doesn't dislocate your hip. That would suck.

David Love AI27
07-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Congrats, Love. Would certainly miss you around here.

Already told my bosses that I would need atleast 6 weeks off for racing.... maybe I should add 6 more for the RM region.... I plan to keed my race shop in Texas and might run AI in Texas and take the CMC car to New Mexico and run it in RM...

rleng1
07-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Dropped the oil pan in #77. Did it in 3 hours. last time (1st) took me 12 hours. One of the rear oil pan bolts seems to be stripped. Any ideas on how to fix that?
Thanks.

Morgan, sorry about the knee, but that machine looks like it could be used to lift cans of beer so you can save your arms.

DL, great news on the job. you'll do great. Say no to Jal, NM.

AllZWay
07-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Congrats DLove...

Sorry to hear about the knee Morgan. That doesn't sound like fun.

GlennCMC70
07-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Dropped the oil pan in #77. Did it in 3 hours. last time (1st) took me 12 hours. One of the rear oil pan bolts seems to be stripped. Any ideas on how to fix that?
Thanks.

Local parts store for a metric helicoil thread repair kit. You will need to know the thread pitch and bolt size. The kit will tell you what size drill bit to pick-up. Took me 5 minutes to fix my bellhousing a week or two ago (for each one).

smitty328
07-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Went to Pueblo for the NASA event last weekend. Great group of guys, had a blast! It's a long drive but a fun track. It's pretty narrow in some places, so it makes for some close passing (or being passed :)).

Apparently, late night driving on the track is frowned upon there. Who knew?

AllZWay
07-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Went to Pueblo for the NASA event last weekend. Great group of guys, had a blast! It's a long drive but a fun track. It's pretty narrow in some places, so it makes for some close passing (or being passed :)).

Cool... you are a true track addict already. :D

Fbody383
07-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Apparently, late night driving on the track is frowned upon there. Who knew?It is? Just what were you...er, I mean, what was that other person operating?

smitty328
07-10-2012, 05:04 PM
It is? Just what were you...er, I mean, what was that other person operating?

I seem to remember hearing something about a crew cab dually full of really loud and happy people.

rleng1
07-10-2012, 05:17 PM
That darn Cody again!!!!!

BryanL
07-11-2012, 03:30 PM

Sweet. After how much fun I had at Hallett I looked at that event thinking that would be a good week to take off with July 4th and race at the end. How did you finish?

smitty328
07-12-2012, 11:22 AM
It would have been nice to have some Texas guys up there, but it is a long haul. I ended up with three seconds and a first (two guys in front of me broke down on that one).

smitty328
07-29-2012, 12:39 PM
So, I've been waiting for a year to go on a trip to Hawaii. After an eight hour flight, check in, then wake up to an awesome day in paradise...
I'm sitting in front of the tv watching womens olympic cycling and reading posts about Mustang TAs. WTF?

AllZWay
07-30-2012, 10:25 AM
So, I've been waiting for a year to go on a trip to Hawaii. After an eight hour flight, check in, then wake up to an awesome day in paradise...
I'm sitting in front of the tv watching womens olympic cycling and reading posts about Mustang TAs. WTF?

If you follow anyone on Twitter.... then you need to follow @driver_problems . He is always posting funny tweets about this problem we have. :D

HoustonNW
08-07-2012, 09:34 AM
A neighbor knocked on the door this morning and I walked outside to find that my truck had just been hit by a neighbor's kid. He came around the cul-de-sac too fast and hit the front fender and bumper. It seems he had gone into yards on the way up the street and was possibly in insulin shock. He had just left his aunt's house and it was 8:30 in the morning, so I don't think it had anything to do with drugs or alcohol.

Since the truck is only two years old I would like to get a good match on the fender paint. Any recommendations on a body shop in north or west Houston? How are Ford dealers in general?

Rsmith350
08-08-2012, 08:34 AM
A neighbor knocked on the door this morning and I walked outside to find that my truck had just been hit by a neighbor's kid. He came around the cul-de-sac too fast and hit the front fender and bumper. It seems he had gone into yards on the way up the street and was possibly in insulin shock. He had just left his aunt's house and it was 8:30 in the morning, so I don't think it had anything to do with drugs or alcohol.

Since the truck is only two years old I would like to get a good match on the fender paint. Any recommendations on a body shop in north or west Houston? How are Ford dealers in general?
We use Rapid body works here at the dealership, they are about as good as I've seen.Very reasonable as well. They are off of Aldine Westfield

Al Fernandez
08-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Love recommended a shop I once used thats on the north side of Tomball...dont remember the name right now but could dig it up if the location is convenient. Dont know about the price, it was 100% insurance covered. The work was excellent.

HoustonNW
08-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the auto body suggestions and offers of help. I think I'll take the easy way out again (although it didn't work out so well with the shaved tires).

I need to take the truck in for excessive regeneration - it seems to be cleaning the exhaust particulate filter too much - so I'll have them do the bodywork also.

BryanL
08-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the auto body suggestions and offers of help. I think I'll take the easy way out again (although it didn't work out so well with the shaved tires).

I need to take the truck in for excessive regeneration - it seems to be cleaning the exhaust particulate filter too much - so I'll have them do the bodywork also.

What about just buying a takeoff front fender? Paint should match then.

Pranav
08-10-2012, 11:12 AM
It's been my personal experience that take-off body panels are a bit hit/miss. The body shops and re-furbishers are good at snatching up to good stuff, leaving panels with awkward dents/scratches for the rest of us.

RichardP
08-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Yup! That's the way I felt last week on my first day on the job as a Grand Am official!

(I'm the skinny guy on the right getting schooled.)

I just saw Todd in his GrandAm fire suit during the driver interviews at today's race shown on Speed...

Richard P.

AllZWay
08-12-2012, 11:41 AM
I just saw Todd in his GrandAm fire suit during the driver interviews at today's race shown on Speed...

Richard P.

I just finished watching the race and was going to post this also.

David Love AI27
08-12-2012, 12:37 PM

Richard P.

LOL... My Mom told me about it... WTH???

marshall_mosty
08-13-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm about 6 races back... I'll catch it around Christmas... Just finished the 24 hours of LeMans and Rolex at New Jersey... just ----><----- behind... :)

HoustonNW
08-13-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm about 6 races back... I'll catch it around Christmas... Just finished the 24 hours of LeMans and Rolex at New Jersey... just ----><----- behind... :)

I can see that your wife doesn't fill the DVR with episodes of "House", "Monk", and "Dr. Oz". I record them for her in standard definition but they still add up. My races have a half life of about a week.

marshall_mosty
08-13-2012, 12:06 PM
I can see that your wife doesn't fill the DVR with episodes of "House", "Monk", and "Dr. Oz". I record them for her in standard definition but they still add up. My races have a half life of about a week.

Our Direct TV DVR holds a crap ton of HD shows... We keep the standard def stuff for the kiddos upstairs on their own TV. My wife's "show" currently is "design star"... I don't understand how those shows keep going, but probably just as much as how she doesn't understand why I can't make a living racing.... :)

David Love AI27
08-18-2012, 10:17 AM
i don't understand how those shows keep going, but probably just as much as how she doesn't understand why i can't make a living racing.... :)

lol

kbrewmr2
08-20-2012, 11:44 AM
starting week #2 at the new job - should have the race car fixed in time to race at EC too...

AllZWay
08-20-2012, 01:32 PM
starting week #2 at the new job - should have the race car fixed in time to race at EC too...

Congrats Ken.... I saw the update on LinkedIn.

Crumpacker
08-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Finally pulled apart the LeMon/ChumpCar motor and discovered the source of the strange knocking sound... ;)

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/samcrumpacker/stang6.jpg

Video:

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/samcrumpacker/th_IMG_3175.jpg (http://s998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/samcrumpacker/?action=view&current=IMG_3175.mp4)

Pranav
09-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Happy to report that CMC #51 drove under it's own power on/off the trailer last night. Still a TON of work to do before it's even track ready, hopefully should stop being chained to my desk at work over the next few weeks and get it going.

Storm Trooper
09-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Good to hear that more rookies are working on getting on the track. I hope to meet you at ECR.

rleng1
09-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Well done. Good to see more creations come alive. See you at ECR.

Fbody383
09-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Well done. Good to see more creations come alive. See you at ECR.I need to see one come back from the dead...

Watched the Belgian Grand Prix and figured that Button's in-car was just like riding with Allford... no wasted hand movement, car perfectly on line...

Fbody383
09-13-2012, 09:59 AM
R
Guess this needs to go back on the car. Maybe with a subscript M since, apparently, I have greatly dimished mechanical skills.

Unlike any of you guys, I managed to button up a 2nd gen opti wrong on the front of the motor. So I missed Hallet by not being able to put pin A into hole B.

Car started after about two revolutions and oil pressure came right up. I'll get it buttoned up next week and get some heat cycles on it in the garage. ECR will be like driving a new car - new engine, new clutch, new transmission, new radiator... I'm thinking about gluing down some floormats and getting a Chrismtas tree for the mirror.

Wade
09-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Missed a race due to opti issues? Dan had opti issues at Nationals? Clearly the 4th gen is superior in every way!

Fbody383
09-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Missed a race due to opti issues? Dan had opti issues at Nationals? Clearly the 4th gen is superior in every way!Well, mine worked fine once it was installed right. I'm sure Dan's issue was due in part to the diplacement of the supporting EM field from the collaps of the space time continuim which was exacerbated by being in close proximity to extra large amounts of talent and prep.

Storm Trooper
09-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Third gens still rock!:cool:

Storm Trooper
09-13-2012, 09:22 PM
R
Guess this needs to go back on the car. Maybe with a subscript M since, apparently, I have greatly dimished mechanical skills.

Unlike any of you guys, I managed to button up a 2nd gen opti wrong on the front of the motor. So I missed Hallet by not being able to put pin A into hole B.

Car started after about two revolutions and oil pressure came right up. I'll get it buttoned up next week and get some heat cycles on it in the garage. ECR will be like driving a new car - new engine, new clutch, new transmission, new radiator... I'm thinking about gluing down some floormats and getting a Chrismtas tree for the mirror.
Fuzy dice are a must;)

GlennCMC70
09-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Don't forget the Obama bumper sticker.

cobra132
09-13-2012, 11:48 PM
That reminds me of an idea I had today. For you guys in the printing business. I would like to order 100 bumper stickers shaped like a cows utter, white with blue border and red letters that state " I love to suck on the public tit". They must have extremely sticky glue backing, the kind that is very difficult to get off of a cars finish. Please PM me with the cost estimate. Thanks. Frank

Fbody383
09-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Sure... let me give you guys my PayPal account so you can pay for everything too...

Storm Trooper
09-14-2012, 06:51 AM

"O"

Storm Trooper
09-14-2012, 06:52 AM
That reminds me of an idea I had today. For you guys in the printing business. I would like to order 100 bumper stickers shaped like a cows utter, white with blue border and red letters that state " I love to suck on the public tit". They must have extremely sticky glue backing, the kind that is very difficult to get off of a cars finish. Please PM me with the cost estimate. Thanks. Frank
i'd buy that!

Rob Liebbe
09-14-2012, 10:40 AM
i'd buy that!

I'd be interested in a batch as well. Don't forget to copyright it. I wonder if we could get the Secret Service to install it on O's limo?

smitty328
09-14-2012, 02:25 PM
How about "You didn't pass that car, someone else made that happen."

Al Fernandez
09-14-2012, 03:55 PM
how about "you didn't pass that car, someone else made that happen." rofl

Rob Liebbe
09-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Gov is my co-pilot.

marshall_mosty
09-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Congrats to Michael and Raegan! They are officially hitched and tomorrow will be headed to Costa Rica for a week and a half. Michael and Raegan showed their true CMC pride by using Michael's CMC car as the "get away car" from the reception.

GlennCMC70
09-16-2012, 11:00 AM
I assume there is a vid so it can be used in the 2012 Year In Review vid?

marshall_mosty
09-16-2012, 02:02 PM
I was running lead car, so couldn't take any video, but will see if anyone did... would be really cool!!

ShadowBolt
09-16-2012, 05:42 PM
I assume there is a vid so it can be used in the 2012 Year In Review vid?

Oh yes, Sam and I have video that you will all love.

JJ

GlennCMC70
09-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Were only the Ford guys invited?

BlueFirePony
09-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Yes...unless you forgot to give Michael back his ballast plates... :(

;)

marshall_mosty
09-17-2012, 06:57 AM
All,
Please keep my wife's family in your prayers. Trina's brother's wife (Pat Ortega) lost her 9 year battle with Stage IV colon cancer early this morning. Their daughter, Olivia, will be celebrating her 15th birthday next week, so I'm sure it's going to be a hard time for them... It's tough to lose someone when they were only 45...

AllZWay
09-17-2012, 09:06 AM
That is terrible. I lost a very close friend last month to liver cancer.... has spread from her gall bladder. She was also just 45 with two sons ages 9 & 12. We spent a weekend in Galveston with them and then she died 10 days later.

BlueFirePony
09-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Sorry to hear that Marshall...they are in my thoughts and prayers

Fbody383
09-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Sorry to hear that Marshall...they are in my thoughts and prayersAmen, brother. Let us know if there's anything we can do.

Al Fernandez
09-17-2012, 12:37 PM
So sorry Marshall

David Love AI27
09-17-2012, 07:03 PM
third gens still rock!:cool:

dude

David Love AI27
09-17-2012, 07:06 PM

Looks like it...

David Love AI27
09-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Marshall:

Please excuse my light hearted posts... I hadn't made it down to the news of your family's loss... prayers for you all

Fbody383
09-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Looks like it... Yeah, since I'm moving to a SN97 next year I got a look...

ShadowBolt
09-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Yeah, since I'm moving to a SN97 next year I got a look...

What exactly is a SN97?

JJ

GlennCMC70
09-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I watched a 480ft cell tower crash to the ground. Good times. Vid to follow (I hope - damn .mov files!)

BlueFirePony
09-18-2012, 05:05 PM
What exactly is a SN97?

JJ

Its an SN95 with a Camaro guy driving it.

GlennCMC70
09-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Link to vid of tower demolition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8PfoGZPA8s&feature=youtu.be

425ft or so guy tower. Tower repairs need and not worth the cost of those repairs when we have a 1700ft tower 1 mile away. Moved remaining customer to other tower and dropped this one.
There are 2 anchor points in each of the 3 guy paths (inner and outter - total of 6). Inners are bottom to mid tower and outters are mid tower to top. About 4 guy wires on each anchor (total of 8 in each guy path). To drop these, you crank up the tension on the outters of one guy path, and cut one of the others. Vid starts w/ one opposite outter anchor cut off at ground level. Tower should have fallen then. It didn't and was just hanging there swaying in the wind. This not the way it is suposed to go. Some poor low man on the pole got to go to the inner anchor and cut the wire that connects to the mid point. You will see the tower unflex some as that wire gets cut. Then it goes. The pop you hear is a 3" diameter .125" wall tube leg fail in tension and the other two legs fold in half. The next sound is the wind whistling as the top swings to the ground. I was about 200ft or so from the base of the tower (just outside the outter anchor). Background noise is my work truck as I'm filing this over the hood of the truck.
Tower landed on some live utility lines. We had to assume for almost 2 hrs that the tower was hot. There was a 1ft deep by 5ft wide crater where the top hit. First time I got to see one fall. It was pretty cool.

Al Fernandez
09-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Tower landed on some live utility lines?

GlennCMC70
09-19-2012, 11:53 PM
Tower landed on some live utility lines?

Yep. Power was suposed to be turned off the day before. After 2 hour of trying to get them back out that morning, we said F it, they should have done thier job. This was trip two for the crew to drop this tower and trip one was a bust for the same reason. We figured the transformer fuse would blow. It didn't, and we had to assume it was hot.

marshall_mosty
09-27-2012, 01:33 AM
Saw the only flight worthy surviving DeHavalland Mosquito in the world today at the Air New Zealand Technical base in Auckland. The plane was restored in Ardmore, NZ at a cost of 15 Million dollars and took 8 years to complete. This was it's first landing since it was restored. Really cool stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeHavilland_Mosquito

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380164_3197536556695_589069125_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/314105_3197536396691_819237199_n.jpg

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/35464_3197536116684_128690086_n.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/384105_3197535756675_344876876_n.jpg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/486806_3197535396666_2035060354_n.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253138_3197534596646_574741365_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/198552_3197534996656_975719104_n.jpg

smitty328
09-27-2012, 11:01 AM
"Saw the only flight worthy surviving DeHavalland Mosquito in the world today at the Air New Zealand Technical base in Auckland. The plane was restored in Ardmore, NZ at a cost of 15 Million dollars and took 8 years to complete. This was it's first landing since it was restored. Really cool stuff."

That is so cool!

Fbody383
09-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Orange moved under its own power... and didn't hit anything.

BryanL
09-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Orange moved under its own power... and didn't hit anything........YET .....(give it 10 days).

you didn't finish your post

Fbody383
09-27-2012, 04:48 PM
you didn't finish your postJust be very careful when you lap me...

Alien
09-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Started on my fender modifications to fit the 275 Toyos on 17x9.5 wheels since we won't be running 16's in the future ;)

http://www.fototime.com/5F3110C82CC02EE/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/BCDA5549F675204/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/C3B83441469E6AA/standard.jpg

Test fit them on the teal car before bonding them to Knocker.

Fbody383
09-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Started on my fender modifications to fit the 275 Toyos on 17x9.5 wheels since we won't be running 16's in the future ;)That's cool...

Al Fernandez
09-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Certainly an interesting way of making a cambird

Alien
10-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Apparently it's not only the AMC Gremlins you're not supposed to get wet... Third Gens multiply too!

http://www.fototime.com/7A5719EF6BDD5E8/standard.jpg

Picked up this very stock '92 Camaro RS 305 5 speed last weekend. Pretty darn clean for a 20 year old car.

http://www.fototime.com/F5D30642A6E2B67/standard.jpg

HoustonNW
10-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Picked up this very stock '92 Camaro RS 305 5 speed last weekend. Pretty darn clean for a 20 year old car.

Did those cars come in any color besides teal, or aqua, or that might be mauve for all I know about those foo foo colors? ;)

Seriously, nice find!

Fbody383
10-03-2012, 01:51 PM
G-money, what do your neighbors think? Did the Sky turn into a Mini?

If all goes well tonight, I'll have a new to me brake master cylinder installed and a brake pedal that doesn't go to the floor.

Alien
10-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Gotta love the late 80's/early 90's Wayne! GM Teal was the equivelant of the foxbody porno red interior!

DF: Sky is still with us. Mini replaced T/A. Teal car fills V8 streetcar void.

BryanL
10-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Great stuff Gary. What are you doing with the teal car that is torn apart in the middle of the garage? Traded a T/A for a Mini-did it come with a CD changer full of Celine Dion, too?

Alien
10-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Old t-top teal car is getting sold to a neighbor. Sold T/A to Laura's dad, so it's not gone forever, still have right of first refusal. John Cooper Works Mini came with less visits to the gas station, and is actually a fun little car. Doesn't have the PAH of an LS1, but left turn intersections are a blast :) Could have sold off the Ranger off instead of the T/A, but sad to say I'm pretty attached to it. First and so far only brand new vehicle in 2001 will be driven into the ground.

jeffburch
10-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Dat Mini is a hoot.
Thanks again Gary for letting me hoon it.

jb

HoustonNW
10-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Went out to the garage and measured my CB front track width (Glenn got 75" at ECR on Sunday).

I had two pieces of a 2" tall by 1/8" thick piece of aluminum and got 74 3/8" in front and in back of the wheel. Now subtracting the 1/4" total thickness of the aluminum gets me reasonably below 74 1/2".

What am I doing wrong? Should I be measuring closer to the ground? But that can't be a > 3/4" difference can it?

GlennCMC70
10-08-2012, 09:54 PM
6.3 Track Width
Cars are allowed a maximum track width as noted in the table below. Track width is measured “as raced” with driver and is measured at the outside edge of the tires. The track width measurement will be taken at a point three inches from the ground using two metal plates similar to the Longacre #7950 toe plates. The measurement used for compliance will be the average of the front of the tire and rear of the tire width measurements at the three inch height after accounting for the thickness of the plates. The plates will be placed flush against the tire and not perpendicular to the ground for the measurements.

My logged number was including the toe plates thickness. Later I was planning to remove 3/16" from the data. I also need to verify that the plates I used were slotted 3" up from the ground.
It is very likely you are legal. Check using the info above and adjust as needed.

Rsmith350
10-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Started as a Service advisor for BMW in Katy today. Feel free to call if you need Bimmer support! 832-317-8261

Fbody383
10-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Started as a Service advisor for BMW in Katy today. Feel free to call if you need Bimmer support! 832-317-8261Potential new daily driver service shop... check!

Finished off the short trip to redneck racing... took a floor jack and jackstands to get the car off the trailer. Next year has GOT to be better for the Orange.

blk96gt
10-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Checked the compression on the car tonight. Not looking good.
1-65
2-180
3-0
4-40
5-180
6-185
7-190
8-185

I'm guessing I've got a blown head gasket.

Fbody383
10-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Apparently one of the new keys in the 3/4 slider assembly sheared one end on a 2/3 shift and then became lodged on a 3/4 shift; good think I didn't let Gunter use the "Gunter Boot Shifter Release" technique at the track.

New 3/4 steel fork and billet keys this time around.

Orange is down for winter...

marshall_mosty
10-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Apparently one of the new keys in the 3/4 slider assembly sheared one end on a 2/3 shift and then became lodged on a 3/4 shift; good think I didn't let Gunter use the "Gunter Boot Shifter Release" technique at the track.

New 3/4 steel fork and billet keys this time around.

Orange is down for winter...

I just bought 3 sets of billet keys from Astro yesterday... My goal is 2 spare transmissions for next season. One at the shop as a rotable spare so there is always a good tranny in the car and one on the trailer...

Fbody383
10-18-2012, 11:33 AM
My goal is 2 spare transmissions for next season.

130lb transmissions... yet ANOTHER GM advantage.

marshall_mosty
10-18-2012, 11:51 AM

That 6th gear is damn heavy!! :)

michaelmosty
10-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Hey, it's weight down low, haha.
It is crazy just the 30 lb difference in Marshall's T-5 vs. my Tremec. An extra 25 lbs over the Tremec does not sound enjoyable.

Al Fernandez
10-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Started as a Service advisor for BMW in Katy today. Feel free to call if you need Bimmer support! 832-317-8261

A book I just read about an open road racer tells a story about getting an error message on his M5, in German, while driving around 140mph...so he called BMW tech support, in Germany, without slowing down! Funny stuff, though crazy

Rsmith350
10-18-2012, 08:34 PM
They're pretty amazing cars, have a much greater appreciation for them just in the week I've been there.

edrock96GT
10-21-2012, 02:59 AM
A book I just read about an open road racer tells a story about getting an error message on his M5, in German, while driving around 140mph...so he called BMW tech support, in Germany, without slowing down! Funny stuff, though crazy

We have a grenade launcher that sends a lazer to a target and programs the projectile to explode 1 meter past the distance, killing anyone hiding behind a barrier. But yeah...Germans make great cars. :p

BlueFirePony
10-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Got a tetnus shot...one too many cuts/stabs from 40 year old rusty metal. Good news is the doctor does not think the jaw spasms or muscle ache are tetnus; shot just a precaution. Other good news is there is a lot less rust on the underside of the car and most of the paint is done (she's purty!). Bad news, can't get the gears to come off the tranny...think I'll start a new thread for that one...

BryanL
10-25-2012, 12:07 PM
So this is what I have been working on. Owned it for 13 years and drove it for the first time yesterday at 2 am. Later yesterday it made the homecoming parade with my daughter riding on it.

BryanL
10-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Of course it wouldn't be a story until you hear someone yell that car is on fire-call the fire department! Just smoke from wiring insulation on the ammeter line-no flames. Though it got pretty interesting when I was disconnecting the wiring and it jumped the starter and it started moving forward since it was in gear.

AllZWay
10-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Very nice BL... and sure glad it didn't hurt much.

cobra132
10-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Very nice. It that a 62? FMR

BryanL
10-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Very nice. It that a 62? FMR

You are correct Sir!

marshall_mosty
10-25-2012, 03:44 PM

jdlingle
10-25-2012, 04:25 PM
That looks like an awesome restoration Bryan!

smitty328
10-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Very nice!

Crumpacker
10-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Drove a fellow PCA instructor's new-to-him GT3RS. It was absolutely insane and demanded more respect than anything I've ever piloted. I learned quickly that it was not a fan of being man-handled like a CMC car... I managed to scare him (and me) more than a few times. An example of the craziness - he said at one point we entered T5 at 110mph - then there was some mid-corner counter steering involved.

http://cafephoto.smugmug.com/HillCountryPCATWS10-2012/White-Group/Sun-AM2/26214743_dBQwM8#!i=2181184075&k=Nknhfkm

kbrewmr2
10-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Cars with the engine behind you generally do require a certian amount of finesse. Sounds like a fun ride though!

Crumpacker
10-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Cars with the engine behind you generally do require a certian amount of finesse. Sounds like a fun ride though!

It didn't like being trail-braked & wanted a more gradual release of the brake pedal than I was willing to give. *I was punished by having to catch a rotating/sliding flat 6 strattled by 335 tires.

knuckle-dragger /=/ finesse

*this happened often.

kbrewmr2
10-30-2012, 11:05 AM
drifting around in a GT3RS - the horror, you must've had such a bad time HAHA!

ShadowBolt
10-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Wait until we all decend on the Cadillac day at COTA. They are going to wonder what hit them.

Jerry

Crumpacker
10-30-2012, 01:47 PM
;)

Rob Liebbe
10-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Somebody needs to drop out on the 7th so i can take their place. I'm currently on standby.

ShadowBolt
10-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Somebody needs to drop out on the 7th so i can take their place. I'm currently on standby.

You may be able to have my spot. Looks like I may have knee replacement right after NOLA.
I'm going to be sick if I don't get to make it when I got everyone in.
JJ

marshall_mosty
11-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Jerry,
That plain sucks, but we will have a GREAT time for you!!! At least come out and "watch", unless that will be too painful.

Al Fernandez
11-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Started the camaro for the first time in a loooong time after chasing down an electrical problem for two days. Can't wait for next year!

RichardP
11-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Started the camaro for the first time in a loooong time after chasing down an electrical problem for two days. Can't wait for next year!

It's been long enough that if you have any hope for next year you should probably try and knock the cobwebs off at NOLA... :-)

Richard P.

HoustonNW
11-02-2012, 10:12 PM
It's been long enough that if you have any hope for next year you should probably try and knock the cobwebs off at NOLA... :-)

Richard P.

He's been driving a momentum car, he should come back even faster!

rleng1
11-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Yeah, momentum into the tire wall. You bringing it to Nola?

Al Fernandez
11-04-2012, 10:06 PM
No, too much work to do on it and been nursing two sick kids and one sick wife for the last couple of days. I dont expect to be much better than a mid mid pack slacker when I do get back in CMC though! lol

ShadowBolt
11-05-2012, 03:56 PM

Sorry Rob,

I will be driving on Dec. 7th at COTA. Should we all show up wearing our driving stuff?
Hans and all.

JJ

Crumpacker
11-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Sorry Rob,

I will be driving on Dec. 7th at COTA. Should we all show up wearing our driving stuff?
Hans and all.

JJ

and bring our own medics.. Dr Frank, whatcha up to Dec 7th?

Storm Trooper
11-25-2012, 09:30 AM
No, too much work to do on it and been nursing two sick kids and one sick wife for the last couple of days. I dont expect to be much better than a mid mid pack slacker when I do get back in CMC though! lol

I resemble that remark lol

Fbody383
11-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Things to check for the 2013 season...

Medical - check
Helmet - check
Belts - check
Suit - condition good
Socks - condition good
Window net - expires March 2013 / replacement on order
38.1 Device - need to check for appropriate SFI/FIA registration

Don't make the annual tech process any harder by not having everything good to go...

Rsmith350
11-29-2012, 09:18 AM
My holidays season is being spent reading and memorizing ever rule book of every series we currently run. Tech will be a serious deal this next year.........had to go buy a new printer.......broke the first one on the spec miata rules lol

kbrewmr2
11-29-2012, 11:52 AM
imagine that, SmashPinata wrecking something even when they aren't on track ;)

Rsmith350
12-06-2012, 10:28 PM
imagine that, SmashPinata wrecking something even when they aren't on track ;)

I'm not shocked :)

marshall_mosty
12-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Pulled the old 302 back out of the car... Broke it down to transfer parts to the 331 for next season... Gonna be a quick thrash to get it built, installed, and tuned prior to the first event... YIKES!

BlueFirePony
12-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Still have lots to do to finish on Anna's '68 but we are getting there ...quite a few "one step forward, two steps back" moments - hoping those are past us know. Here's some pix.

Al Fernandez
12-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Put rotors and pads on the camaro, sanded and painted part of the 944 to get it ready for sale.

marshall_mosty
12-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Picked up the new motor Saturday, will go in the car Thursday... Then to Cresson to shake it down/break in and then to the dyno on the 9th to tune it out. Still need to finish the rear bodywork (flares).

marshall_mosty
12-31-2012, 04:20 PM
So, went to Cresson and put 2 30 minutes sessions on the new 331 in 40-degree weather, fog, and rain... Slid around, no issues with the car.

Went home and dislocated my right shoulder AGAIN uinloading the car... Will require surgery this time, so will get that done before anything happens on the car... :(

Will probably sit 2013 out, ufortunately... Grrrr. However, will still be at all the ents except TWS in April, and ECR in November. Due to family weddings.

cobra132
01-01-2013, 11:23 AM
That sucks! Get that thing fixed for good. FMR

ShadowBolt
01-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Installed the MaxJax today (www.maxjaxusa.com). Need to get the 55 up on it and get to work.

JJ

jdlingle
01-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Can you post up some pics of it installed when you get a chance Jerry? I would love to see what those look like in the garage.

ShadowBolt
01-03-2013, 08:34 AM

Can you post up some pics of it installed when you get a chance Jerry? I would love to see what those look like in the garage.

This lift is made for 8' garages,. Mine is 9' and I wish it went 5 or 6 inches higher but it will work. It comes with four 2.5" extentions but I'm making some 6" long so I can roll around under the car on my brake stool. I just need it a little higher. I'm very tall from the waist up for a guy only 5'11". Glenn would have trouble. Still the best Christmas gift I have ever received!

JJ

ShadowBolt
01-03-2013, 09:10 AM

I thought this would make a great Pit Bike for the money. Bike is larger than it looks in this pic.
Tractor Supply
JJ

AllZWay
01-03-2013, 09:11 AM
That is awesome Jerry... I sure wished I had one.

marshall_mosty
01-03-2013, 10:04 AM

I thought this would make a great Pit Bike for the money. Bike is larger than it looks in this pic.
Tractor Supply
JJ

Pepboys has a similar one for $279. Not sure if it's a piece of junk or not.

Rsmith350
01-03-2013, 10:07 AM
I want one

ShadowBolt
01-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Pepboys has a similar one for $279. Not sure if it's a piece of junk or not.

WOW.....$279.00! I thought the $650.00 was a great price.

JJ

Al Fernandez
01-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Marshall WTF??!!! So sorry to hear that bud

jdlingle
01-04-2013, 06:21 PM

This lift is made for 8' garages,. Mine is 9' and I wish it went 5 or 6 inches higher but it will work. It comes with four 2.5" extentions but I'm making some 6" long so I can roll around under the car on my brake stool. I just need it a little higher. I'm very tall from the waist up for a guy only 5'11". Glenn would have trouble. Still the best Christmas gift I have ever received!

JJ

Wow that is awesome! I want one of those so bad.

marshall_mosty
01-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Marshall WTF??!!! So sorry to hear that bud

Al,
I'm bummed too. Was really looking forward to playing with the larger AI fields that are coming this year. We'll see when I can get into surgery. Maybe I can be running at Hallett, if I'm lucky.

Casey_SS
01-06-2013, 12:11 AM
That really sucks Marshall. Very sorry to hear it.

RichardP
01-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Today I added a bong shaped track just South of Austin to my list. Very cool track. Lots of extra rules instituted by the track for this event that tried to suck the fun out of it but the event went well and I enjoyed it. Hopefully the track will get more comfortable with this stuff and ease up a bit...

The steep entry fee was apparently justified because it included this cool T-shirt. If NASA happens to get Nationals at this track, the all in cost to convert my "Been there, driven that" shirt to a "Been there, raced that" shirt will do some serious damage to my wallet.

My poor car has lots of track miles on it and is really showing its age but it just keeps on going. It will be back at MSRH in a couple of weeks.

Richard P.

ShadowBolt
01-14-2013, 08:40 AM
What were the extra rules Richard? I heard that once the people that had deals with them were done that they were not going to let DE's rent the track anymore.

JJ

kbrewmr2
01-14-2013, 10:00 AM
JJ needs to keep up with the times - they flipped flopped one Saturday a month or three ago but got so beat up by media over the incident they went forward with the agreements they had in place. I think they wanted to keep a low profile, as they're still asking for tax subsidies and turning away profitable events would put a real hurt on "why do you need this?"...

I've got my stuff just about together to race there in March with SCCA.

ShadowBolt
01-14-2013, 10:05 AM
JJ needs to keep up with the times - they flipped flopped one Saturday a month or three ago but got so beat up by media over the incident they went forward with the agreements they had in place. I think they wanted to keep a low profile, as they're still asking for tax subsidies and turning away profitable events would put a real hurt on "why do you need this?"...

I've got my stuff just about together to race there in March with SCCA.

I kinda new this but I thought they were saying when these are done that COTA was done with track events. You think it's just for the tax subsidies?

JJ

kbrewmr2
01-14-2013, 10:11 AM
What I'm hearing from people that ran at the TDE event there was they (the track) were impressed with how well run their event was and it looked good for future events. We'll see what happens though, I haven't booked any hotel rooms or anything counting on TDE being there and such heh!

RichardP
01-14-2013, 11:25 AM
What were the extra rules Richard?

Lots of little dumb things. No passengers. No parade laps. No open passing in any group. No outside food allowed. Only registered guests allowed in and only after 10:00 and they had to park outside and you had to go get them. If you had a "race prepped" car you had to wear your full driver's costume. Etc... There was a never ending stream of e-mails announcing more and more restrictions and instructions. Some of the restrictions came out after people were already headed to the track. Rick always provides water for the instructors. He wasn't allowed to bring any in but the track was happy to provide him with the water for $48 a case...

I heard that once the people that had deals with them were done that they were not going to let DE's rent the track anymore.

We don't really know anything about that yet. There were four contracts for DEs. All were canceled apparently because the track decided they didn't want to do DE's. Social media and lawyers exploded. The four contracts were quickly reinstated. The general hope by all of us that want to run the track is that the DE's will go well and the track will decide it would be OK to do more events. The first one by The Driver's Edge went well by any account I've heard. Track management was there checking things out. It was pretty clear that we were to be on our best behavior to make this event go well. We'll see what the future brings.

Richard P.

David Love AI27
01-14-2013, 09:44 PM
it was pretty clear that we were to be on our best behavior.....

Richard p.

now i know why i wasn't invited!!!!

Alien
01-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Worked on the 2014 Year End Video. No, that's not a typo.

kbrewmr2
01-17-2013, 09:45 AM
.. patiently waiting for the registration to open for the first amateur race at COTA...

Gary - your motor build getting that delayed or something? Geeezzzz

Fbody383
01-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Worked on the 2014 Year End Video. No, that's not a typo. That's too awesome... theme ideas for '13?

I got the #39 started on the first try after the re-assemble. Probably means it won't start again until just before Hallett but it looks like I'm going to button up the rest any way and make dyno day in the morning.

cobra132
01-23-2013, 06:50 PM
MLS draft was yesterday. My youngest son is heading to training camp in Florida with the Chicago Fire.

Rob Liebbe
01-23-2013, 07:48 PM
MLS draft was yesterday. My youngest son is heading to training camp in Florida with the Chicago Fire.

Congratulations Frank!!!

rleng1
01-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Congratulations Frank!!!

Very cool Frank. Congrats.
We missed your franks and........you of course.

marshall_mosty
01-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Very good news Frank!!!

ShadowBolt
01-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Very good news Frank!!!

That is great Frank. Congratz to you and your son.

Will you make Cresson? We missed you at Houston.

JJ

AllZWay
01-24-2013, 12:11 PM

Very cool.... that is awesome.

jdlingle
01-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Wow Frank, that is really cool! Good luck to him!

Fbody383
01-24-2013, 01:09 PM
MLS draft was yesterday. My youngest son is heading to training camp in Florida with the Chicago Fire. A toast! ((looking for apple brandy...))

marshall_mosty
01-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Went and saw the ortho surgeon. Should be having surgery by the end of Feb and in a sling for 3 weeks and then back to 100% by the end of April. NOLA, here I come!!

He's going to take a piece of bone from my outer shoulder socket to build back some of the inner socket that is currently a bit lacking... Said all the ligaments are tight, but the socket is just worn away so it falls out. Also, there is a depression on the backside of the ball (think a ping pong ball that got pushed in)...

jdlingle
01-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Signed a contract with Racemaker Press to publish the Lloyd Ruby biography that I have been working on. Hard Luck Lloyd: The Complete Story of Slow-Talking, Fast-Driving Texan Lloyd Ruby will be coming soon. Getting to interview A.J. Foyt tomorrow, and have interviewed Mario Andretti, Johnny Rutherford, and the Unser brothers in addition to many others over the past year. It's been a great experience.

Here is a mock up of the projected cover:

jdlingle
01-24-2013, 10:02 PM
And Marshall that sounds extremely painful. Good luck with the surgery!

michaelmosty
01-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Very cool John, who knew you had a hidden talent!! When did you start the project?

AllZWay
01-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Very cool John, who knew you had a hidden talent!! When did you start the project?

Ditto!! Very cool.

Why aren't you doing race writeups after every event?

Al Fernandez
01-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Yeah, John for official AI/CMC Editor in Chief

Marshall...that sounds a lot better than cutting all of your tendons and screwing them back on a bit tighter! Cool

jdlingle
01-25-2013, 03:14 PM

9-10 months ago, but Ive been pretty much finished for 2 months. Just tying up loose ends and finding a publisher, which is no small task these days. I didnt tell hardly anyone until some people and the copy editor read it and liked it. I was hedging my bets in case I sucked! Less people to break bad news too! :)

jdlingle
01-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Ditto!! Very cool.

Why aren't you doing race writeups after every event?

I dont know about race writeups, but I was thinking of a National Enquirer type piece: James Proctor, Alien? The competition speaks. Whaddya think? Ready to give up your speed secrets? :)

ShadowBolt
01-25-2013, 03:28 PM
I dont know about race writeups, but I was thinking of a National Enquirer type piece: James Proctor, Alien? The competition speaks. Whaddya think? Ready to give up your speed secrets? :)

How bout "the Triplet Trophy Queens" The secrets that keep them out front.

JJ

jdlingle
01-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Not a bad idea JJ!

Got to interview A.J. Foyt for the book today as well. He was a very hard interview to line up, which is kind of funny since I live about 3 minutes from his house and 10 minutes from his IndyCar shop. He was nice on the phone, but I definitely got more useable stuff from some other drivers. Not sure how much of his stuff will actually get added into the book in all reality. Still really cool though.

BlueFirePony
01-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Frank, congrats to you and your son! Fantastic to hear his dedication is paying off so well!
John, congrats with the book! I feel your pain. Getting the attentions of publishers is hard today across media. We are self publishing our first games to get some "street cred" and holding back some awesome IP for the right deal.
Marshall, glad the rehab will be relatively short; sounds like you will be a new improved Mosty :) Much better than the 9 months I went through when I tore my labrum - in retrospect I could have cut it to 6 months but I was hoping to get 100% back just in case the Edmonton Oilers called me up :/ - although after I rehabbed I actually did get an offer from the Austin Ice Bats for a short 3 game road trip...their starting goalie had just come down with a bad case of the flu, #2 was on the IR and so #3 got the start...they just needed a backup. I had to turn them down due to conflicts and in hind sight a week on a bus with 20-something hockey players driving around the southwest - nothing but trouble there...

Anyway, working through a fuel delivery issue on Anna's car this weekend...hope to get that resolved, weld up the exhaust, and then get the interior done...Kyri did a great job on the engine and electrical so far...now i just need to keep from f'ing up his work. Still have the custom console to build and then we can get busy on the racecar.
Need to season my new smoker again this weekend...the fire barrier sealant did not cure last weekend so I get to strip that all off and start again. Did a test smoke of some new ideas using the old smoker last weekend...a couple worked and one did not...at all. More tests this weekend with store bought meat...Anna and Kyri are heading to Ohio this weekend and bringing back our beef and pork - #800+ beef and #90 pork - yummmm :)
Remember...consider supporting the kids - Cops4Kids BBQ and concerts at the Fort Worth Stockyards March (22nd -23rd) !!

Sidney
01-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Quick question: Going to be in Dallas/Ft. Worth area next week. Anything car guy related you'd recommend? Most likely Thursday night or Friday morning to be more specific.

Thanks,

Sidney Franklin
Bloomington, IL
(Formerly CMC #64)

marshall_mosty
01-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Went and saw the ortho surgeon. Should be having surgery by the end of Feb and in a sling for 3 weeks and then back to 100% by the end of April. NOLA, here I come!!

He's going to take a piece of bone from my outer shoulder socket to build back some of the inner socket that is currently a bit lacking... Said all the ligaments are tight, but the socket is just worn away so it falls out. Also, there is a depression on the backside of the ball (think a ping pong ball that got pushed in)...

Surgery is scheduled for Friday, 22-Feb... Hope to get this thing fixed once and for all!

Fbody383
01-31-2013, 03:52 PM
Marshall, good luck with the surgery and even more success on the rehab.

BlueFirePony
01-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Quick question: Going to be in Dallas/Ft. Worth area next week. Anything car guy related you'd recommend? Most likely Thursday night or Friday morning to be more specific.

Thanks,

Sidney Franklin
Bloomington, IL
(Formerly CMC #64)

Can't think of anything...other than coming over to my house and helping me with the '68 Mustang :confused:

BlueFirePony
01-31-2013, 04:09 PM
Marshall, good luck with the surgery and even more success on the rehab.
Ditto! Here's hoping you get a cute PT. :)

marshall_mosty
02-03-2013, 03:13 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c0.0.384.384/p403x403/426156_3706388877685_1690971771_n.jpg

FLARES!!!

Wade
02-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Looks Nice!

HoustonNW
02-15-2013, 06:08 PM
We have a Miata in the garage that we bought new back in '92. I like the Griot's Garage Waterless Spray-On Car Wash (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/spray-on+car+wash+35+ounces.do?sortby=ourPicks) and Speed Shine (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/speed+shine.do?sortby=ourPicks) if the car is not too dirty.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z18/wstehle/Miata_zps72eed27d.jpg

The Camaro has not seen soap and water for about two years now.

However if I cannot do something about the brake hop in the Camaro I'm going to put a cage in the Miata and go race in a class with real suspensions!

Actually, now that I think about it, a '92 Miata with 38K miles might be pretty attractive to those guys...

RichardP
02-15-2013, 06:35 PM
However if I cannot do something about the brake hop in the Camaro I'm going to put a cage in the Miata and go race in a class with real suspensions!

Brake hop is easy to make go away. Just undo the rear brake lines from the caliper and cap them off. Brake hop will vanish and you will go faster if you aren't worried about the car bouncing off the track.

We haven't found a CMC legal way to make it not happen and still have rear brakes...

Richard P.

marshall_mosty
02-22-2013, 09:09 AM
At the hospital to have my shoulder fixed. Wish me luck!!

Rob Liebbe
02-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Good Luck!!!!

AllZWay
02-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him.
We have the technology.
We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man.
Marshall Mosty will be that man.
Better than he was before.
Better... stronger... faster.

Oh...and good luck.

RichardP
02-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him.
We have the technology.
We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man.
Marshall Mosty will be that man.
Better than he was before.
Better... stronger... faster.

Oh...and good luck.

Wait, is that legal??? Oh, it's AI. Nothing in the rules about bionics. If it doesn't say you can't, you're good to go...

Richard P.

BlueFirePony
02-23-2013, 10:53 AM
... If it doesn't say you can't, you're good to go...

Richard P.
I'm counting on that.

Hope the surgery went well Marshall.

marshall_mosty
02-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the well wishes. Surgery went fine. Ended up with an extra screw and washer for life... Guess it's extra ballast... They found a bit more than they were hoping for so they did a bone graft (expected) and had to tighten the ligaments (not expected). Go back to the Dr. In 2 1/2 weeks for a check-up. Have some good pain meds, but hopefully will come off them quickly.

jdlingle
02-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Good to hear man! Hope your're back at em soon!

marshall_mosty
02-24-2013, 04:42 PM
took 26 staples to put Humpty Dumpty back together again...

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/541603_3805880684918_461331439_n.jpg

ShadowBolt
02-24-2013, 05:17 PM
took 26 staples to put Humpty Dumpty back together again...

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/541603_3805880684918_461331439_n.jpg

I assumed Frank did better looking work than that.

JJ

marshall_mosty
02-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Apparently plastics was not my surgeon's best set of classes. However, if it works, I don't care how gnarly the scar is.

ShadowBolt
02-25-2013, 02:53 PM
I was so embarrassed at the way some of you drove the cars at the Cadillac day at COTA that I purchased a 2013 ATS today. I got the 2.0 turbo in White with titanium interior. Finally getting the wife out of the Mini Cooper S. She hates my Lightning and I hated her Mini so we had to take our Jeep any time we traveled.

JJ

Alien
02-26-2013, 09:10 AM
I was so embarrassed at the way some of you drove the cars at the Cadillac day at COTA that I purchased a 2013 ATS today.
JJ
Does that mean you're going to give those people a chance to redeem themselves and let them drive it at Cresson?

ShadowBolt
02-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Does that mean you're going to give those people a chance to redeem themselves and let them drive it at Cresson?

Nope. Besides it's the wife's car.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
02-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Nope. Besides it's the wife's car.

JJ

Then you won't mind!!

ShadowBolt
03-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Rear upper control arm mount all welded up and the car is ready for Cresson.

JJ

David Love AI27
03-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Rear upper control arm mount all welded up and the car is ready for Cresson.

JJ

Shaweet

marshall_mosty
03-30-2013, 08:10 AM
In Seattle for a meeting and was driving my rental 2011-2012 Ford Fusion down I5 getting to my hotel when the engine made a strange noice and a bunch of smoke started coming out of the exhaust and would no longer accelerate. Oil light came on and I coasted to the shoulder. Wouldn't refire, so called Hertz and they sent a truck to grab me. Ends up it threw a rod thru the block... 16,000 miles on the car and it's last oil change 1200 miles ago... Freaky... Damn Ford products. Obviously NOT the superior platvorm. I've had no issues with the replacement... a Chevy Impala... :)

Rsmith350
03-30-2013, 09:35 AM
Ha! That sucks man

marshall_mosty
03-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Ha! That sucks man

The only consolation prize I had was for the past 2 days the weather here in Seattle has been beautiful.. Very a-typical for Seattle as 65-70% of my trips up here are rainly and just plain gloomy.

Before the motor went boom I was just thinking to myself how well put together the car was and how peppy it was in the upper RPM band... Maybe that was just it getting ready to go... The tach did have a 6000 rpm redline that the engine didn't seem to stop at, as it would rev past 7K... maybe that had something to do with it (not that I was anywhere close to the rev limit...)

ShadowBolt
03-30-2013, 11:07 AM
The only consolation prize I had was for the past 2 days the weather here in Seattle has been beautiful.. Very a-typical for Seattle as 65-70% of my trips up here are rainly and just plain gloomy.

Before the motor went boom I was just thinking to myself how well put together the car was and how peppy it was in the upper RPM band... Maybe that was just it getting ready to go... The tach did have a 6000 rpm redline that the engine didn't seem to stop at, as it would rev past 7K... maybe that had something to do with it (not that I was anywhere close to the rev limit...)

Note to self........never let Marshall drive my car.

JJ

nasa-rm
03-31-2013, 12:18 PM
I usually keep my private life private (yeah, right) but yesterday we bought RB a car to drive here in CO. We were trying to share one vehicle between us to save $$ but we were spending $300 a month in car rental fees... so why not apply towards some we can have everyday.

Went stripped down V6 LS with no options, but we now have a Bumblebee match for Optimus Prime.

HoustonNW
03-31-2013, 10:16 PM
I usually keep my private life private (yeah, right) but yesterday we bought RB a car to drive here in CO. We were trying to share one vehicle between us to save $$ but we were spending $300 a month in car rental fees... so why not apply towards some we can have everyday.

Went stripped down V6 LS with no options, but we now have a Bumblebee match for Optimus Prime.

This post is worthless without pictures! :p

Waco Racer
04-01-2013, 08:55 AM
In Seattle for a meeting and was driving my rental 2011-2012 Ford Fusion down I5 getting to my hotel when the engine made a strange noice and a bunch of smoke started coming out of the exhaust and would no longer accelerate. Oil light came on and I coasted to the shoulder. Wouldn't refire, so called Hertz and they sent a truck to grab me. Ends up it threw a rod thru the block... 16,000 miles on the car and it's last oil change 1200 miles ago... Freaky... Damn Ford products. Obviously NOT the superior platvorm. I've had no issues with the replacement... a Chevy Impala... :)

I swear I never drove that car!

kbrewmr2
04-01-2013, 10:39 AM
it would look great with pace car lights on it ;)

nasa-rm
04-01-2013, 07:11 PM
This post is worthless without pictures! :p

Attached?

Will get some with pace car lights on it this weekend at the Rocky Mountain Season Opener

MikeS
04-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Cleaned up the car, changed fluids, stickered it up, painted splitter with PlastiDip. Guess we'll see whether that holds up.

Storm Trooper
04-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Look forward to seeing you on track!

cobra132
04-15-2013, 06:55 AM
Spent about 24 hours on the car this weekend: siliconed the hell out of the pan gasket to try and stop an annoying leak, new rear axles and bearings, removed broken 3 channel ABS and installed new 4 channel, new lines and relocated(hope it works), reinstalled front and rear plexiglass and converted to easily removable bolt in set-up, oil change and general inspection. No interruptions, good weather, an excellent weekend. FMR

Fbody383
04-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Stupid paint guy wasn't in Saturday so all my procrastination caught up to me. Nose and fender are grey now instead of black. Travelling for the job Mon/Tuesday...

Paint on wednesday then bolt it up and load the car thursday night, make 1/2 at the office Friday morning... is it a race weekend yet?

smitty328
04-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Pulled my trans (never done that before) and found out why my clutch was stuck to the floor...

http://i.imgur.com/RJgVBael.jpg

I also found that the wiring harness that goes to my left o2 sensor was cut.

Now I just hope I can put it back together in the next two days.

MikeS
04-16-2013, 09:50 PM
New tahrs.

New front rotors.

Car is ready to roll.

Fbody383
04-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Got more orange bedliner sprayed on last night... get the nose and fender bolted up and truck loaded tonight. New master, calipers, and left front hub... maybe the brakes will feel better this time out.

GlennCMC70
04-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Got more orange bedliner sprayed on last night...

Is it labled as ballast?

Pranav
04-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Did the final damage assessment after my nice 3-wheel off on 13 over a curb during R4. Crunched part of the exhaust, ripped the wire off my oil temp sensor when the engine lifted (this caused me to freak out on track thinking I took out the pan), and my stupid front air-dam brake ducts flipped up and bent one of my brake lines that I had running to close to them (re-doing all that junk too).

Could've been worse, but all easy to fix stuff that I should knock out this week, which continues to prove that the car is still fine, just need to drive the thing faster and keep it on track!

Fbody383
04-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Is it labled as ballast? Nice...

Drove the car onto the trailer after R4... I had a good weekend.

David Love AI27
04-22-2013, 01:44 PM
nice...

Drove the car onto the trailer after r4... I had a good weekend.

wossy....

rleng1
04-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Nice...

Drove the car onto the trailer after R4... I had a good weekend.

Francis, forgot to say goodbye, but you drove a heckuva R4. You were hanging right up there with Al. Good to see you up at the front...... You can't hit me from there. Good job.

Fbody383
04-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Good to see you up at the front...... You can't hit me from there. Good job. Thanks, OE. We loaded it, strapped it down, and hit the road. Probably got DQ'd for missing tech. THAT there was a good event.

Orange may be fast... but not so sure about 16s...

David Love AI27
04-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Good to see you up at the front......

Up front of what? the EV's?

Fbody383
04-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Up front of what? the EV's? Wow... that was high quality right there. I think I was the only guy on 16s... and I think the second time ever running CW.

ShadowBolt
04-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Nothing to do with racing but attended Dave Ramsey's EntreLeadership 1 day event today. Very informative!

JJ

Wade
04-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Just finished his 9 week Financial Peace University course. Good stuff.

Fbody383
04-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Nothing to do with racing but attended Dave Ramsey's EntreLeadership 1 day event today. Very informative!

JJYou'll have to give the your $0.02 on that at Hallett.

Wade, now all you have to do is put it in practice.

y5e06
04-24-2013, 04:24 PM
I drove to work today in one of these.
picked it up Saturday... firebird still sits on the garage though
base GT TP & Recarros

AllZWay
04-24-2013, 05:06 PM
I drove to work today in one of these.
picked it up Saturday... firebird still sits on the garage though
base GT TP & Recarros

Very nice... now get that race car together for Hallett.

Al Fernandez
04-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Sweet!
Kinda surprised you didnt wait for the new model is coming price chop...or has it already hit?

y5e06
04-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Sweet!
Kinda surprised you didnt wait for the new model is coming price chop...or has it already hit?

i really like this old school dinosaur type and style (its like a brand new 4th gen!).
new ones wont be at bargain prices... and i got this one for more than 5k below sticker & custom ordered... for a '14 even

michaelmosty
04-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Looks awesome Morgan, sweet color!!!
Did you get the auto? ;^)

marshall_mosty
04-27-2013, 09:56 PM
$206 shipped for R6 Hoosiers... (275/40 17's).... Wish I had enough money and wheels to bolt a set up and play around... :(
https://www.hoosiertire.com/discontinuedtires.htm

Fbody383
05-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Pulled the steering rack and rebuilt the pump on the M3 - rebuild kit about $50, replacement about $300-450 depending on source. Hard to complain at 265k miles.

I have had zero power steering pump issues after I rebuilt the one on the race car and keep a $10 rebuild kit in the toolbox.